It is LightBox’s ambition to ensure highest possible quality in everything we offer: carefully balanced diets, meals and their packaging, professional service and delivery.
In order to ensure top quality in all respects we set ourselves the following standards:
1. Balancing LightBox diets carefully
- We balance our diets based on the Food and Nutrition Institute’s current norms and recommendations, the EU program “Promoting heart health — a European consensus” and WHO recommendations.
- The LightBox Optimum diet is modelled on the Mediterranean and DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diets, the latter with scientifically proven health properties, recommended to prevent a number of civilisation diseases.
- We make sure that LightBox No Fish and LightBox Vege keep health properties and with the latter we recommend that vitamin D is supplemented to prevent its deficit.
- For diets with lowest calorie levels, we pay special attention to provide products with a high content of vitamins and mineral ingredients.
2. Ensuring that dishes are tasty and varied
- In each type of LightBox diet we have about 250 dishes (including seasonal specialties) in 36 plans that do not repeat for over 5 weeks. But that’s not all! In the FLEX diet which offers a choice of menu, you can choose from 20 meals daily and create your own menu. Many of those dishes are not available in any other LightBox diet – they are exclusive to the FLEX diet.
- We use authentic and tasty recipes inspired mainly by Mediterranean cuisine, but we also offer Asian, Mexican, French and Polish specialties.
- We use top-quality products and raw materials, sourced from proven suppliers.
3. Food safety
- We prepare meals at our own Production Centre, where a HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) system has been implemented.
- We invest in high-quality kitchen equipment and modern technologies to chill the dishes right after preparation.
- We run storage tests for our meals at an accredited laboratory and so we know their minimum use-by dates.
- We use high-quality Belgian containers, safe for contact with food and suitable for direct heating.
4. Quality of deliveries
- LightBox diet plans are delivered to our Customers in stylish and functional boxes.
- Our own fleet of refrigerated vehicles ensures proper delivery conditions.
- We pay a lot of attention to the reliability and timeliness of deliveries.
5. Advice and Customer service
- A team of experienced LightBox dietitians offers their expertise and assistance to our Customers and, if a need arises, helps monitor the effects of a diet being followed.
- We offer support from our friendly Customer Service Centre staff.